As a society, we rely on mothers to nurture and care for our children, but all too often, mothers are not given the support and resources they need to succeed. That’s why it’s important to donate to organizations that support mothers and families. Here are ten such organizations that you can support:
- MomsRising: This organization advocates for policies that support mothers and families, including paid family leave, affordable childcare, and healthcare.
- National Domestic Workers Alliance: This organization advocates for the rights of domestic workers, including nannies and house cleaners, who are often low-wage workers and may be mothers themselves.
- Moms2B: This organization provides support and resources for pregnant women and mothers in underserved communities, including access to healthcare and parenting education.
- Single Mothers Outreach: This organization provides support and resources for single mothers, including financial assistance, education and career development, and parenting support.
- Shelter for Help in Emergency (SHE): This organization provides emergency shelter and support for women and children affected by domestic violence.
- March of Dimes: This organization works to improve the health of mothers and babies through research, education, and advocacy.
- Baby2Baby: This organization provides basic necessities, such as diapers, clothing, and gear, to low-income families with children up to age 12.
- La Leche League International: This organization provides support and resources for breastfeeding mothers, including education and peer support.
- Moms Demand Action: This organization advocates for gun violence prevention and works to protect children and families from gun violence.
- Mother to Mother: This organization provides support and resources for mothers of children with special needs, including education, advocacy, and peer support.
It’s important to remember that these are just a few of the many organizations out there that support mothers and families. By donating to these or similar organizations, you can make a difference in the lives of mothers and families in need. So if you’re looking for a way to give back and make a positive impact, consider supporting one of these organizations today.