Shopping for a stroller can feel as daunting as heading to the car lot in search of a new vehicle. I keep it simple by looking at each option with these thoughts in mind. Will this stroller be safe and comfortable for my baby to sit in and for me to push? Will this stroller meet my needs (jogging, errands, travel, etc.)? Do I like the look of this stroller? With a Silver Cross stroller, you will likely find yourself saying a resounding yes to all these questions.
A Review of 3 Luxury Silver Cross Stroller Options
Below, I am getting down to the nitty-gritty about Silver Cross’s most popular strollers. But first, here is why we love this brand (in case you haven’t heard of them before)!
Silver Cross has been in the baby transportation industry for more than 140 years, beginning with the first baby pram (yes, they’re British!). Queen Elizabeth even had one for Prince Charles! Say what? They continue to produce high-quality, high-performing traveling gear today.
Silver Cross Jet
The Silver Cross Jet has everything you need in a lightweight everyday or travel stroller. At first glance, the high-end materials set the Jet apart from many other compact strollers. I also love that this stroller can be used from birth up to 55 lbs without the need for additional accessories. Or, if you would like, you can purchase a car seat adapter and pair it with many popular car seats.
The Jet really is exceptional as an airplane carry-on as it is ultra-compact and folds down easily. In fact, you only need to push two buttons on the handle to close it down. Once folded, it fits in most planes’ overhead or under-seat storage areas.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind about this Silver Cross stroller, unfolding it is a little trickier than breaking it down. You pull up the lever to open the seat and remove a side clasp. Once it is open, lock the arms and depress the foot pedal to make sure it is solid. Also, its design is reminiscent of older umbrella strollers so it is more easily prone to breaking down with frequent use.
- Multiple recline positions, including the flat position
- Flexible leg rest
- Breathable fabrics
- Movable bumper bar
- Peep-hole window
- Sun hood with UPF50+ and pop-out visor
- Front wheels with lockable swivels
- Dynamic suspension using springs (front only)
- Handlebar in leatherette
- Five-point safety belt
- Safe to use from birth up to 55 lbs
- Compatible with many car seats
- The seat extends to lie completely flat
- It is lightweight and compact when folded
- For open-toed shoes, you can step on and off the brakes
- Easily transported like a miniature carry-on bag
- Four options for fabrics
- Both breakdown and unfolding require two hands
- Tiny storage container
- Wipe-clean only
- Dimensions are 90 by 45 by 96 cm.
- Dimensions when folded: L 55 x W 30 x H 18 cm
- Size: 5.9 kg
- UPF50+ sun protection
- 3-year warranty
Silver Cross Wave
If you haven’t noticed already from just glancing at the photo, this stroller is very similar to the ever popular UPPAbaby Vista V2! However, the Wave is made of higher end metals and fabrics. It also comes with more accessories; a cup holder, seat liner and lightweight footmuff. The biggest thing that sets the two apart is that the Silver Cross Wave can be used as a double stroller straight out of the box. All this to say, if you have been considering the Vista V2, I highly recommend looking into the Silver Cross Wave as well.
Equipping yourself with the correct stroller makes getting around with your kids easier, especially if you have multiple little ones or plan to in the future. The Wave is perfect for this as it has both Single and Double Stroller configurations and 30 distinct combinations for different riders.
And that’s not all! It also includes an infant bassinet making it possible to use with newborns, or, if you have older children you can purchase the buggy board attachment for them to ride on. Plus, the seat can be turned around so your children may face you or the outside world.
The new Smart Harness Structure and magnet buckle make it simple to get your children in and out, which is especially useful if you have to watch over multiple children.
- 30 configurations for every stage of parenthood
- Not a one-handed fold, but very straightforward to use
- Can hold 55 lbs in both the lower and upper seat (one of the most common complaints about the Vista V2 is that it cannot!)
- Compatible with the Clek Liing, Cybex Aton series, Maxi-Cosi Mico series, and Nuna PIPA series
- Easily adjustable handlebars
- Roomy carrycot
- Comfy cots and seats
- Large storage basket
- Quick transformation between single to double
- Solid construction and opulent appearance
- The bassinet may also be used as an overnight cot
- The folded Wave is hefty, it weighs 36 lbs
- High end price point
- Age range: from birth to about 25 kg
- Single or Double Stroller
- 19.5 kilograms
Price: $1299 plus an additional $250 for a second seat
Silver Cross Reef
Considering taking your young child on a trip in the wide outdoors? The Reef is built for adventure! It has enhanced 4-wheel suspension and large multi-terrain tires. This also makes the ride very smooth for your little one and will keep bumps in the road from disturbing naptime.
The Reef is influenced by the natural world and is available in three spectacular colors, Neptune, Orbit, and Earth. It is a terrific stroller for hectic days, with stunning attention to detail in its design, sustainable textiles, and ease of use. You will also get plenty of use out of it since it can be used from birth until 22 kg (approx. 4 years old).
- One-hand fold
- Compact Free-standing fold
- Telescopic handle, great for parents or caregivers with different heights
- Can be purchased as a bundle with a bassinet seat
- Easy folding
- Beautiful recycled textiles
- Supreme comfort
- Strong wheels
- Smooth steering
- Huge storage basket
- Complicated buckle system
- Broader frame than typical
- Pushchair weight: 11.5 kg
- Dimensions when unfolded (hwl): 108 cm x 58.5 cm x 76.5 cm
- Dimensions when folded (hwl): 68.5 cm x 58.5 cm x 37 cm
Price: $1,059 ($1,399 for the bassinet bundle)
With prices ranging from $400 to around $1,800, Silver Cross strollers offer performance and luxury. Purchasing one of these strollers is certainly an investment, but you get such an incredible stroller that will last you many years and often through multiple children. The only question is, which of these incredible strollers is the best fit for you?
Frequently Asked Questions
What strollers do the Royals use?
The Silver Cross Balmoral is said to be the official stroller of the Royal Family dating back to 1926 when King Charles was a baby. Today, Silver Cross makes everything from the royal Balmoral to practical, stylish everyday strollers.
Is Silver Cross a good brand?
Silver Cross has been making strollers for over 140 years. There strollers are made of the highest quality materials and built to last.
Are luxury strollers worth it?
Having a luxury stroller is not a necessity, but if you have room in your budget, this is one baby item worth splurging on. Luxury strollers tend to be easy to fold, made of high quality materials, and have all sorts of neat features that both you and your baby will benefit from.
You Might Also Like:
NUNA MIXX NEXT – IS IT THE BEST COMPACT STROLLER?
50+ BABY REGISTRY LIST MUST-HAVES [AND 10 ITEMS TO SKIP!]
10 BEST STROLLER WAGONS [FOR FAMILIES ON THE GO!]
Pin for Later – 3 Luxury Silver Cross Stroller Options