What did we even do before baby loungers hit the market? Since they help you both sleep better, they are considered an essential in my book and adding them onto your baby registry is a no brainer at this point.
However, I totally understand if you don’t want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on the premium version. So, we did the dirty work for you and found some Dock A Tot alternatives that come at a more affordable price.
WHAT ARE BABY LOUNGERS USED FOR?
From tummy time to supervised napping, they provide a comfortable mattress surface that hugs the baby giving them a cocoon-like feeling. Many parents say newborn loungers are a game-changer, even for babies that insist on being held 24/7!
Baby loungers are also a key tool to have when traveling with little ones. They create a familiar environment and they are a piece of home that will comfort your baby in new places. This means you won’t have to mess with their sleep routine trying to get them settled in a different crib.
There are a variety of different ways to use a baby lounger.
- You can use it for tummy time! Using the bumpers to prop your baby up can help support them before they are comfortable with being flat on the floor.
- Diaper changes
- As a play mat with a toy arch
- As a lounger outside at the beach or a picnic at the park
- Safe space to hang out while you work out, do laundry, dishes, etc
- Monthly photo shoots to show how big your baby is getting
Keep in mind, baby loungers are not to be used unsupervised. Most parents buy a lounger as a place for their baby to sleep for naps or bedtime, although as with anything else that goes inside of a crib or bassinet safe sleep experts do not recommend it.
TOP-RATED DOCK A TOT ALTERNATIVES
Our whole team at Rookie Moms really loves both the Dock A Tot. Dock-A-Tot is one of the most popular baby loungers but it comes with a premium price tag that might make you look twice. You can click here to read our full breakdown and find out why Dock A Tot comes out on top when it comes to baby loungers!
However, below we are going to go over some budget-friendly Dock A Tot alternatives and you might just be surprised at how great these lesser-known baby loungers actually are!
FINN & EMMA OVAL NEST
This oval lounger is one of the most trendy boho-chic loungers we’ve seen! Made of organic cotton with macramé fringe—and a removable, machine-washable cover. It’s super soft and cozy, you’ll wish they made an adult size. It provides a safe and comfy spot for supervised relaxation or playing with a toy bar or baby gym.
Although this does come in at a higher price point than some of the other Dock A Tot alternatives, you are getting the most bang for your buck with elevated style and 100% organic cotton.
- Sizing: Finn & Emma Oval Lounger is made for babies from 0 to 9 months
- Price: Finn & Emma Oval Lounger is $149
- Construction: Cover and fringe are 100% Organic Cotton. Padding and inner tube are stuffed with all new materials 100% Polyester
SWINGYNEST BABY LOUNGER
This baby lounger has a similar construction to the Dock-A-Tot with a lightly padded center and bumpers around the edges.
- Sizing: The newborn/baby option is made for babies from 0 to 9 months and it is also available in a Toddler size
- Price: SwingyNest Baby Lounger starts at $79
- Construction: Handmade from 100% organic soft sheep wool OR hypoallergenic polyester fiber fill with 100% organic cotton double gauze muslin slip covers.
MAMIBABY BABY LOUNGER
Mamibaby lounger is about as close as you can get to a Dock-A-Tot for about half the price. This one is wider, longer, the sides aren’t as tall, and the padding is more like memory foam. It has almost 9,000 4.5 star reviews on Amazon, parents are loving it!
- Sizing: Mamibaby lounger is made for babies from 0 to 12 months
- Price: Mamibaby lounger is $90.99
- Construction: 100% Cotton with polyester filling
LALAME BABY NEST
Lalame lounger is very close to the Dock-A-Tot in size and look. It’s even secured at the bottom with a buckle. Unlike the Dock-A-Tot that you have to take apart to machine wash, you can throw the whole lounger in the washer. It’s a much more budget-friendly option and accessible to many more families.
- Sizing: Lalame is made for babies from 0 to 12 months
- Price: Lalame lounger is $90.99
- Construction: 100% Organic Cotton with polyester filling
Of course, we could not leave off the Snuggle Me. It is definitely the most commonly known Dock-A-Tot alternative. It’s shaped like a rectangular donut pillow that hugs babies more snuggly than the Dock-A-Tot. When the baby is lying on the pillow it gives a hugging sensation so the baby can feel cozy in it, just like in the mom’s womb.
- Sizing: Snuggle Me Infant Lounger for babies from 0 to 9 months, who are not crawling yet, and Snuggle Me Toddler Lounger for babies at least 9 months old (up to 3 years of age)
- Price: Snuggle Me is $109
- Construction: Snuggle Me lounger is made of 100% organic cotton and is filled with virgin polyester fiber that is hypoallergenic and safe for your baby. These materials are free from toxins or any chemical additives.
Click here to read our full review on the Snuggle Me vs Dock-A-Tot.
THOUGHTS ON DOCK-A-TOT ALTERNATIVES
From the trendy and adorable Finn & Emma Baby Lounger to the practical and affordable Mamibaby Lounger, you really cannot go wrong with any of these options. There is no doubt baby loungers are a useful item to have and these picks should give you some budget-friendly alternatives to consider without compromising on safety and comfort.
About the Author
You Might Also Like:
MONTI KIDS [THE ULTIMATE MONTESSORI TOY SUBSCRIPTION]
NUNA LEAF GROW BABY SEAT [AN AMAZING ROCKER THAT WILL ROCK YOUR BABY’S WORLD]
BEST CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT [10 AMAZING PICKS FOR 2022!]
Pin for Later- Budget Friendly Dock A Tot Alternatives