Nanit vs Owlet– Here’s what we think about the 2 most advanced baby monitors out there! They both stream information to your smart phone allowing you to easily track your baby’s well-being and are a must-have for peace of mind.
Thanks to modern technology, the days of hovering over your baby while they’re sleeping to check on them are over. Say goodbye to traditional baby monitors and upgrade to the next level of smart baby monitors that can track your baby’s oxygen levels, heart rate, sleep patterns, and more.
With the Nanit or Owlet, everything you want to know about your baby’s well-being will be sent directly to your smartphone and you will be alerted if there is anything to be concerned about. Wondering which option is the best fit for your family? Read on for our comparison of Nanit vs Owlet!
NANIT SMART BABY MONITOR SYSTEM
There are multiple components to the Nanit complete monitoring system. Below we will go over each of them.
Nanit Pro Camera & Wall Mount – $299
The Nanit Pro video monitor can be set up as a wall-mounted, floor stand, or portable stand camera. Its multi-angle feature allows you to have a bird’s-eye view of your baby or an upright view of the nursery. It has:
- 1080p HD video stream straight to your smartphone and alerts you when your little one wakes up or cries. There is no separate parent unit so even if the baby is with a sitter, you can still keep an eye on them while your at work or out on date night.
- Two-way audio and background feature which means you can use your phone for other tasks while still receiving real time sound from the nursery.
- Special sensors to monitor your baby’s sleep patterns: you can find everything from how often your baby woke to the total number of hours they slept.
- Temperature and humidity sensors help determine if room conditions are just right for your baby.
- Extra features like a night light and white noise functions help soothe your baby to sleep.
Nanit Breathing Wear – $29.99-$49.99
Breathing Wear works with Nanit cameras to monitor your baby’s breathing. Thanks to the custom-designed pattern on the swaddle, band, sleeping sack and pajamas, the Nanit Camera can detect your child’s breathing motion. Keep in mind that in order to track baby’s breathing motions, you need both pieces – Nanit Monitor and Breathing Wear.
You can use the Nanit Baby Monitor without this Breathing Wear, but we do recommend it for further peace of mind! Without it, you can still track your baby’s sleep and wake patterns using technology and be alerted to movement and audio.
Available in various options from size Newborn to 24-months.
Nanit Smart Sheets – $34.99
The Nanit Camera actually sees the pattern on these Smart Sheets and gives you in-app tools to measure your baby and see them develop.
Fits standard full-sized US cribs.
How it Works with Nanit Insights
The Nanit app, Nanit Insights, provides video history, sleep tracking, and breathing motion monitoring using data detected through the camera tracking your baby’s movements and Breathing Wear.
You can find out the lengths of their different sleep phases, sleep quality, and tips on how to help your baby sleep better. Personalized sleep tips and advice are provided based on your baby’s age and can be very useful for sleep training and to help your baby get the rest they need.
When buying Nanit Pro camera you will get 1 year of Nanit Insights for free. The Nanit app stores video history, sleep history, movement map and other useful information for 2 days.
After 12 months you can continue to use Nanit Insights for $5/mo or $50/yr. You can also upgrade your Nanit subscription at any time to Insights Premium (30 days of storage, $10/mo or $100/yr) or Insights Unlimited (unlimited storage, $30/mo or $300/yr).
You can still use Nanit without the subscription – you will still receive live video and audio stream from camera to your Nanit app. The only difference is that you won’t have access to your baby’s sleep analytics, you won’t be able to track sleeping patterns and you won’t receive personalized sleep tips.
OWLET SMART MONITOR & SOCK DUO
The Owlet Monitor Duo is just two main components with a brand new bonus option to add Dream Lab sleep coaching. Bundle all three for $399.
Owlet Cam – $149
The Owlet Cam live-streams HD-quality video of your baby to your phone app. It also has:
- 130 degree wide angle lens and streams HD 1080p video with night vision straight to your smartphone, the video is so sharp, you can easily zoom it in on your sweet sleeping babe.
- 2-way audio function, which lets you hear whatever is going on in the nursery and allows you to talk to your baby as well.
- You can play the audio in the background of your phone so you can use other apps, and hear the audio from your baby’s room at the same time. Whenever the video baby monitor detects motion or audio events, the Owlet alerts you in the app.
- Room-temperature sensor: this is in-built into the camera, so you will know if the room is too hot or cold for your baby.
- The Owlet Cam comes with a magnetic base that you can place anywhere or mount on the wall so you can have a bird’s-eye view of your baby’s crib.
- In contrast to standard baby monitors that don’t use an Internet connection, you can keep an eye on your little one though Owlet app even when you’re away from home which is super convenient.
- Owlet monitor is portable and so easy to travel with.
Owlet Dream Sock – $299
The Smart Sock (0-18 months), a small fabric wrap with a sensor attached that you place on your baby’s foot. It uses pulse oximetry technology to measure baby’s:
- heart rate
- oxygen levels
- sleep patterns
How Owlet Works
Owlet Smart Sock sensor tracks baby’s vital signs like oxygen levels and heart rate. Whenever baby’s oxygen saturation or heart rate are below or above the preset safe levels, the base station will change its color from green to red and your Owlet app will sound the alarm too.
You can use both Owlet devices separately: camera for tracking sleep, and sock for tracking baby’s oxygen levels and heart rate. When the baby outgrows Owlet Socks, you can still use the video baby monitor.
Both the Owlet Cam and Smart Sock are linked to the Owlet app, which gives you the health information you need about your baby, like oxygen levels and heart rate. The Owlet app also notifies you if your baby’s health vitals are not within the safe zone.
It also has a useful additional feature that tracks your baby’s sleep trends like total hours slept, number of wakings, and sleep quality.
Owlet Dream Lab- NEW!!
Dream Lab offers safe, easy, and proven ways to build healthy sleep habits that support your child’s development and allow you to be the happy, engaged parent you want to be. Designed for babies 4 to 12 months, Dream Lab is a convenient, online, and interactive sleep training program designed specifically for your baby and you.
Step-by-step sleep plans, video tutorials, and access to 1:1 email support from Owlet’s certified sleep experts are available.
Nanit vs Owlet; Here’s Our Top Pick
While both of these products are revolutionary baby monitors, we would most highly recommend the Owlet system.
The Nanit requires more equipment for full monitoring, whereas the Owlet provides simplicity with just the baby monitor camera and sock. We also prefer the way the Owlet measures oxygen saturation and heart rate vs the Nanit which counts breaths per minute.
Plus, you don’t need the Owlet Camera to use the Smart Sock. It’s really convenient solution for parents who often travel – the sock takes a little space and it’s so easy to travel with.
Pin for Later- Nanit vs Owlet Review!
About the Author
You May Also Like:
BUGABOO VS UPPABABY: THE ULTIMATE COMPARISON
10 BEST STROLLERS IN  – FOR EVERY TYPE OF MOM!
BEST CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT [10 AMAZING PICKS FOR 2022!]